The Global Beer Masters is a competition from the drinks business and an extension of its successful Masters series for wines and spirits. The best beers were awarded medals that ranged from Bronze through to Gold, as well as Master, the ultimate accolade, given only to exceptional beers in the tasting.
The beers were judged by a cherry-picked group of beer experts on 15 August at the Brewhouse & Kitchen in Islington, London.
The judges were:
• Pete Hughes, group head brewer at Brewhouse & Kitchen and accredited beer judge
• Jacopo Mazzeo, Beer Sommelier, beer writer and consultant
• Ian Swanson from Ian Swanson Technical Brewing Services
• Patrick Schmitt MW, editor-in-chief at The Drinks Business
• Shane McNamara, senior technical officer at the Institute of Brewing & Distilling
• Nigel Sadler, Beer Sommelier & IBD accredited brewing tutor